Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  09:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard Fyffe is having a hard time finding anyone willing to play them to get that 10th game. That's why they haven't released one yet
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  09:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmcgill56

I've been trying to trace out Fyffe's new schedule since they've moved up to 3A. I've got 9 out of their 10 games so far. Does anybody know if they have a week 0 or week 10 game? That's the only open dates I have for them. So far I have found they have their region games and non-region opponents I have found are Coosa Christian and Pisgah.

Thanks

Hey Coach, I talked to one of the Fyffe radio guys and he said they are having a hard time finding someone.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

jmcgill56
AHSFHS Forum Master

102 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  10:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I figured they would have a hard time finding some opponents after moving up to 3A since Plainview, Geraldine, and Sylvania were their non-region opponents and Geraldine and Sylvania are now in the region with them.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1403 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  13:31:54  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just now posted Fyffe's complete schedule for 2024.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

jmcgill56
AHSFHS Forum Master

102 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  13:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

I just now posted Fyffe's complete schedule for 2024.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

ShawnLaw10
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2024 :  19:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just going to throw this out there. Someone from South Pittsburg in Tennessee said they have reached out to Fyffe as well as Pisgah and Sylvania, and they will not play them because they do not want to be beaten by a Tennessee 1A team. Does anyone have any info on whether this is true or not? I would love for Pisgah or Fyffe to play South Pittsburg.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1403 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2024 :  21:21:57  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnLaw10

I am just going to throw this out there. Someone from South Pittsburg in Tennessee said they have reached out to Fyffe as well as Pisgah and Sylvania, and they will not play them because they do not want to be beaten by a Tennessee 1A team. Does anyone have any info on whether this is true or not? I would love for Pisgah or Fyffe to play South Pittsburg.

I think someone in Tennessee thinks too highly of their brand of football. Doubtful any of the mentioned programs are afraid of playing any small school. There are likely other factors involved.

The first thing to note is that every state plays a two year cycle of games. Like this season in Alabama where the teams will play basically the same schedule next year just reverse the home and away games. So whoever you schedule this year you will likely play next year.

Tennessee is in the second year of that two year cycle so South Pittsburg will play the same schedule as last year in 2024. Why are they looking to play anyone else would be my first question?

The only reason I responded to this is because I hate rumors that have no merit and are simply silly in the first place. No offense to you ShawnLaw10.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

ShawnLaw10
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2024 :  07:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just repeating what was told to me. I hate South Pittsburg. The reason they are looking for another game is because they got out of the contract with North Jackson a year early due to some craziness that went on. That?s another post for another time.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2024 :  09:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am just repeating what was told to me. I hate South Pittsburg. The reason they are looking for another game is because they got out of the contract with North Jackson a year early due to some craziness that went on. That?s another post for another time.

I am not sure that's true, plus I think they get a lot of move ins and they are about the same size as a 4A in Alabama so it is not an apples to apples comparison.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

Bum Pickins
Forum Member

59 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2024 :  11:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
South Pittsburg plays all those teams in pee wee football. I think it comes down to what David said.
Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2024 :  07:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think someone in Tennessee thinks too highly of their brand of football. Doubtful any of the mentioned programs are afraid of playing any small school. There are likely other factors involved.

The first thing to note is that every state plays a two year cycle of games. Like this season in Alabama where the teams will play basically the same schedule next year just reverse the home and away games. So whoever you schedule this year you will likely play next year.

Tennessee is in the second year of that two year cycle so South Pittsburg will play the same schedule as last year in 2024. Why are they looking to play anyone else would be my first question?

The only reason I responded to this is because I hate rumors that have no merit and are simply silly in the first place. No offense to you ShawnLaw10.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

That Tennessee Team might not understand what they are asking for.. Fyffe is still the real deal! With #24 coming back again! I got a up close look at that whole team in the fall of 22' in the 2nd round playpoff game.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2024 :  07:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WCGuru1

quote:

quote:

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

That Tennessee Team might not understand what they are asking for.. Fyffe is still the real deal! With #24 coming back again! I got a up close look at that whole team in the fall of 22' in the 2nd round playpoff game.

Last year was the year to get Fyffe, they were young up front with the exception of 70 and 75. A bunch of young guys got a lot of playing time. 22 is only going to be a sophomore.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07