Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hthe3
Forum Member

31 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  10:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any surprises or interesting games on the schedules that have been released thus far?

Montgomery Academy picked up Luverne and Tallassee on their non-region (in addition to STJ). Easy trips when they're away games and big fanbases that travel well when they're home games so a good gate. Glad Catholic is off the schedule.

Staying in that region, Isabella/Goshen/Maplesville is an odd collection for ACA to be playing but they're easy trips to/from Montgomery.

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  14:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Around me Arab picking up Madison Academy, Cherokee Co. and Priceville after loosing Fairview same with Scottsboro getting Central Clay, and Mars Hill for the same reason. Brewer adding Cullman to an already really tough schedule in their new region too.
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  14:44:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cwak

Around me Arab picking up Madison Academy, Cherokee Co. and Priceville after loosing Fairview same with Scottsboro getting Central Clay, and Mars Hill for the same reason. Brewer adding Cullman to an already really tough schedule in their new region too.

Adding Cullman surprised me too a bit, a little more on Cullman agreeing to it than Brewer wanting it. Plunkett had a brief stop there so that explains Brewer's side. For Cullman I'm not sure what the upside is. It used to be somewhat of a rivalry I guess, albeit a heavily one sided one.

I'm a little surprised Hartselle has a full schedule even though its current HC position is vacant. Did Moore put it together first before he left? Even then they included Jackson Olin even though the past 2 games were blowouts.

Go to Top of Page

Bum Pickins
Forum Member

59 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  14:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scottsboro playing Central Clay and Mars Hill is a head scratcher.
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  15:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I can kinda see Scottsboro and Mars Hill since they just met this season. Maybe Scottsboro feels like they owe at least one trip across highway 72. Plus it was a good game.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  16:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mars Hill was on the original Arab schedule as was Southside before the Fairview scratch. I had heard from Arab coaches that there were negotiations with a few teams but distance was an issue. I wonder if it was between Clay Co and Cherokee Co and Scottsboro,Guntersville and Southside all needing a 10th game. I also think that explains the Cullman Brewer game needing a 10th game after changes.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  18:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hthe3

Any surprises or interesting games on the schedules that have been released thus far?

Montgomery Academy picked up Luverne and Tallassee on their non-region (in addition to STJ). Easy trips when they're away games and big fanbases that travel well when they're home games so a good gate. Glad Catholic is off the schedule.

Staying in that region, Isabella/Goshen/Maplesville is an odd collection for ACA to be playing but they're easy trips to/from Montgomery.

Hello my friend. I believe I can reason with Alabama Christian picking up those 2A and 1A. If you remember many believed they would be a 2A and probably expected those 2A schools to be in their region, but when it did not pan out, I guess they just picked them up

Twitter handle(Or X whatever): Tp_hammock
Go to Top of Page

dawgfan09
Forum Member

30 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2023 :  22:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dora is playing 2 6a schools

@ minor first game of year

& Jasper at home (old rival)

bc
Go to Top of Page

hthe3
Forum Member

31 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  08:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloth Nationzz

quote:

Hello my friend. I believe I can reason with Alabama Christian picking up those 2A and 1A. If you remember many believed they would be a 2A and probably expected those 2A schools to be in their region, but when it did not pan out, I guess they just picked them up

Makes sense. I just feel like ACA in particular has just had some seemingly random non region teams recently like Weaver. They and Trinity would probably make some noise in 2a if they'd dropped down. Both seem really hurt numbers wise since Pike Road opened a school. I'm curious if it's impacting Macon-East too.

Looks like STJ is playing Catholic for the first time in a while.

Also, tried shooting you an email through here with a better email for me.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  11:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have Fyffe, Sylvania, and Plainview. Those are good gate games for us and them when we travel. Picked up Randolph to round out the non region. Pretty salty non region slate. Fyffe is still looking for a couple games I think.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

Bum Pickins
Forum Member

59 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  12:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

We have Fyffe, Sylvania, and Plainview. Those are good gate games for us and them when we travel. Picked up Randolph to round out the non region. Pretty salty non region slate. Fyffe is still looking for a couple games I think.

Go Eagles!

I like Pisgah?s schedule. But it is odd not seeing Fyffe and Geraldine on Plainview?s schedule.
Go to Top of Page

powerlineman
AHSFHS Forum Master

104 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  13:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hthe3]Makes sense. I just feel like ACA in particular has just had some seemingly random non region teams recently like Weaver.

Yea we just picked up Weaver this year at Winterboro. Weird lol
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  20:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sloth Nationzz

quote:

Makes sense. I just feel like ACA in particular has just had some seemingly random non region teams recently like Weaver. They and Trinity would probably make some noise in 2a if they'd dropped down. Both seem really hurt numbers wise since Pike Road opened a school. I'm curious if it's impacting Macon-East too.

Looks like STJ is playing Catholic for the first time in a while.

Also, tried shooting you an email through here with a better email for me.

It?s probably on my end. Here?s my email. Picklehammock2@gmail.com

Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2023 :  20:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I think about it Woodville and Brindlee Mountain is a little surprising. Woodville was one of the biggest turnarounds in the state under Poole's first year. Nearly half of BM's years of football have been 0 win seasons. I love BM, they're a 10 minute drive or so from me and I want them to succeed. Just not sure this is who I'd schedule to get something going.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2023 :  16:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brindlee mtn tried the "easier" schedule the last few years with Cherokee, Elkmont, and Gaston didn't really work out. I imagine the Woodville game is another example of personal relationships and distance.
Go to Top of Page

ItsOver
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2024 :  10:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russellville scheduling a Hatton program that lost in the first round of the 2A playoffs last year is shocking. With how bad the region slate has been, I really don?t get it.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2024 :  13:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In fairness, Hatton moved up to 4A and Russellville had some last minute schedule shifting with Brooks being incorrectly placed in 5A.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2024 :  17:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

In fairness, Hatton moved up to 4A and Russellville had some last minute schedule shifting with Brooks being incorrectly placed in 5A.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM

I was going to mention this today I know of a lot of coaches having a hard time filling schedules. They have to try to balance out competitive games and games that will generate a profitable gate and they have get it to where they can match up dates with other people. We got fairly lucky in finding Lexington the last couple of years when Lindsey Lane decided to not have a team

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2024 :  10:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This cycle has caused headaches for a lot of coaches trying to fill schedules. At least from what I've heard from the coaches around my area and reading on here. More than I can remember hearing in past cycles.
Go to Top of Page

Bum Pickins
Forum Member

59 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2024 :  17:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa Christian is playing the toughest non-region small school schedule in the state with Pierce County, Pell City, Fyffe, and Tuscaloosa Academy.

Edited by - Bum Pickins on 01/04/2024 18:02:09
Go to Top of Page

jmcgill56
AHSFHS Forum Master

102 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2024 :  08:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to trace out Fyffe's new schedule since they've moved up to 3A. I've got 9 out of their 10 games so far. Does anybody know if they have a week 0 or week 10 game? That's the only open dates I have for them. So far I have found they have their region games and non-region opponents I have found are Coosa Christian and Pisgah.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07