Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 East Limestone vs. Rogers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dparker Posted - 08/21/2021 : 00:30:15
Was the East Limestone vs. Rogers game a jamboree or a real game. Seen it reported both ways. Maybe someone up that way has more information.
Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BamaJoe Posted - 08/22/2021 : 07:37:31
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Bama joe what?s up with this game? As a Brooks fan and someone who follows that region closely, I really thought Rogers would struggle this year and I thought East was pretty good. Can you explain?

I went to the jamboree vs Mad Acad and East has a lot of youth on the defense. Also probably their best overall ball carrier didn't play. Not sure about vs Rogers. I didn't realize they were going to be that young on defense. I also saw one of the other backs took a big hit during the game and had to go to ER. East may be a year away after seeing them in person. They have some talent but a lot of it is in 10th grade.

Go Eagles!
TheMUBM Posted - 08/21/2021 : 23:22:46
Bama joe what?s up with this game? As a Brooks fan and someone who follows that region closely, I really thought Rogers would struggle this year and I thought East was pretty good. Can you explain?
BamaJoe Posted - 08/21/2021 : 18:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

I sent a message to Rocco DiSangro from WHNT News 19 in this area about the discrepancy in the Rogers game and this was his reply.

I spoke with Coach Garrett about that today, and he said it was a real game.

East had a scrimmage vs Madison Academy the week before. So it was a real game.

Go Eagles!
TheMUBM Posted - 08/21/2021 : 15:59:25
I sent a message to Rocco DiSangro from WHNT News 19 in this area about the discrepancy in the Rogers game and this was his reply.

I spoke with Coach Garrett about that today, and he said it was a real game.
dparker Posted - 08/21/2021 : 10:28:30
the AHSAA schedules list it as a jamboree but the news sources list it a s a regular season game so I am still looking for more information.

Also looking into Cordova vs. Dora. Is it played Saturday or a Jamboree?
Clarke Prep vs. Jackson Academy. same thing.
Crossville vs. new Hope. I think this is played Saturday also.
Linden vs. Sumter Central. I believe this game was not played. Cannot find it on either teams schedule.

Everything else I have so far. AT least I think I do.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
TheMUBM Posted - 08/21/2021 : 07:44:09
The two interviews I heard with coach Garrett leading up to the game the term a scrimmage and jamboree were never mentioned and the timesdaily headlines is ?coach Garrett wins in debut?. I wouldn?t think a scrimmage would be considered a debut.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07