General Discussion
 East Limestone vs. Rogers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  00:30:15  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was the East Limestone vs. Rogers game a jamboree or a real game. Seen it reported both ways. Maybe someone up that way has more information.
Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  07:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two interviews I heard with coach Garrett leading up to the game the term a scrimmage and jamboree were never mentioned and the timesdaily headlines is ?coach Garrett wins in debut?. I wouldn?t think a scrimmage would be considered a debut.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  10:28:30  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the AHSAA schedules list it as a jamboree but the news sources list it a s a regular season game so I am still looking for more information.

Also looking into Cordova vs. Dora. Is it played Saturday or a Jamboree?
Clarke Prep vs. Jackson Academy. same thing.
Crossville vs. new Hope. I think this is played Saturday also.
Linden vs. Sumter Central. I believe this game was not played. Cannot find it on either teams schedule.

Everything else I have so far. AT least I think I do.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent a message to Rocco DiSangro from WHNT News 19 in this area about the discrepancy in the Rogers game and this was his reply.

I spoke with Coach Garrett about that today, and he said it was a real game.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  18:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

I sent a message to Rocco DiSangro from WHNT News 19 in this area about the discrepancy in the Rogers game and this was his reply.

I spoke with Coach Garrett about that today, and he said it was a real game.

East had a scrimmage vs Madison Academy the week before. So it was a real game.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  23:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bama joe what?s up with this game? As a Brooks fan and someone who follows that region closely, I really thought Rogers would struggle this year and I thought East was pretty good. Can you explain?
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2021 :  07:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Bama joe what?s up with this game? As a Brooks fan and someone who follows that region closely, I really thought Rogers would struggle this year and I thought East was pretty good. Can you explain?

I went to the jamboree vs Mad Acad and East has a lot of youth on the defense. Also probably their best overall ball carrier didn't play. Not sure about vs Rogers. I didn't realize they were going to be that young on defense. I also saw one of the other backs took a big hit during the game and had to go to ER. East may be a year away after seeing them in person. They have some talent but a lot of it is in 10th grade.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07