New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2022 :  19:15:31  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted the 2022 playoff brackets on the homepage. I know we are still more than a month away from the first round but I thought some fans would want to begin to look at who they may meet in the first round.

In just a couple more weeks we will be able to begin filling in the blanks with actual teams.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2022 :  21:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already have. It?s making me sick too! All of 3A R4 will play a private school in the first round. (3A R3 = Saint James, Trinity, Alabama Christian & Prattville Christian). Im not fond of private schools. HAHA

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2022 :  07:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me either!

quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

I already have. It?s making me sick too! All of 3A R4 will play a private school in the first round. (3A R3 = Saint James, Trinity, Alabama Christian & Prattville Christian). Im not fond of private schools. HAHA

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

UNA2004
AHSFHS Forum Member

78 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2022 :  15:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not found of them either in any sport!! My son runs Cross Country, and Runs indoor and Outdoor track for a public school and it sucks for them to have to go up against private schools. I don?t know how the AHSAA doesnt see the difference in PRIVATE vs PUBLIC!!!

Go Lions

Edited by - UNA2004 on 09/27/2022 15:25:22
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2022 :  15:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the defense of that specific region, Pratville Christian is not good, Southside Selma will make it over them. Besides Southside Selma, the other public schools have been quite bad this season. In my opinion it wouldn't matter if it was an all private school region or public school region. I think Saint James, Alabama Christian, and Trinity could do well in almost any other 3A region in the state. Not because they are private schools, but if you look they got some incredible coaches.

Just my two cents, not arguing, just giving context.

Edited by - Sloth Nationzz on 09/27/2022 15:59:27
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2022 :  10:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Private schools should have a separate playoff in my opinion.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

Bulldog5
Forum Member

20 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  07:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than the AHSAA telling public school kids they are victims, with 1.35 multiplier and competitive balance why don?t you like private schools? Feel free to reference any page from the attached AHSAA rule book.

https://www.ahsaa.com/Portals/0/Publications/2022-2023/Final%20Draft-for%20website.pdf?ver=dTOe4La_Q2K6uizmuIlRUw%3d%3d×tamp=1662126318928
Go to Top of Page

Bulldog5
Forum Member

20 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  19:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
x

Edited by - Bulldog5 on 10/01/2022 08:06:56
Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2022 :  07:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog5

Other than the AHSAA telling public school kids they are victims, with 1.35 multiplier and competitive balance why don?t you like private schools? Feel free to reference any page from the attached AHSAA rule book.

https://www.ahsaa.com/Portals/0/Publications/2022-2023/Final%20Draft-for%20website.pdf?ver=dTOe4La_Q2K6uizmuIlRUw%3d%3d?tamp=1662126318928

can Private Schools offer players scholarships to attend?
Go to Top of Page

Bulldog5
Forum Member

20 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2022 :  17:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WCGuru1

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog5

https://www.ahsaa.com/Portals/0/Publications/2022-2023/Final%20Draft-for%20website.pdf?ver=dTOe4La_Q2K6uizmuIlRUw%3d%3d?tamp=1662126318928

can Private Schools offer players scholarships to attend? Yes, it is listed on most of their websites available for public view. I going to assume that you read the rule in the rule book attached that says any first year student receiving financial aid is ineligible for 1 year. If they receive a scholarship those students could attend for the same cost at most public schools. Some public schools allow out of area students to attend for a fee, which can be paid by another person.

Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  07:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, I cant go out and get all the "good" kids in my county to come
play ball for me.. BIG BIG difference! All Private schools should start 3A/4A and go from there. Putting a Private school in 1a/2a is a complete Joke!
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  08:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know if anyone here follows ?The Average Joes Sports Talk? on Facebook. They cover a lot of teams in East Alabama to upper norther East Alabama. They posted a photo of 200+ blue maps and roughly 75+ red maps thru all sports within the school. Can you guess the school? It was UMS-Wright. That?s nearly 300 championship appearances! The link to the post is below. I won?t lie, it?s an amazing thing to see but it?s what recruiting gets you! Like Alabama and their National Titles? UMS-Wrights trophy case is a good recruiting tool. Can you name a public school that?s remotely close to comparing to this? How about half way comparable (150 blue/red maps)?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02ZcsX5f8PFuetrXECgMW5NQA36EhBevVmbbZoT6Te2ACDaAjDBDnTtW6YpQxp7gGVl&id=100063627608325

Anyways, sorry that this topic strayed off hand from what it was initially intended. LOL

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Edited by - GiglnTiger on 10/04/2022 11:48:58
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  12:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beyond all the debate. I would like to say the most mysterious region is 3A region 4. Can anyone tell me about those teams? Is dadeville legit? Is randolph county legit? Is Saks down? is Walter Wellborn good? It seems like a blind pick em in that region and the season is almost over.
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  14:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I?ll chime in since it?s my region with Randolph County.

All 4 are quality playoff teams. 2nd round/Qtr. Finals. I wouldn?t go as far as putting them as legit or elite in comparison to Piedmont. With that being said the four teams are very capable of pulling off upsets.

After watching Dadeville playing Saks & Wellborn on video replay, I don?t think Dadeville is the best team within the region. Penalties, Turnovers and whatnot killed Wellborn and Saks in the fourth quarter from having a dominate first three quarters.

Dadeville is just big and runs the ball, nothing fancy. There success has been off being senior laden and being able to use that to their benefit in the fourth quarter. Their wins over Saks and Wellborn was also aided with opponents having several mistakes or penalties that allowed Dadeville the chance to get back into the game.

Saks has a lot of potential but most of their offense is surrounded by an extremely fast quarterback. He was the fastest player I seen play against Randolph County. If it wasn?t for a few of his long break out touchdown plays it wouldn?t have even been a game Friday night.

Wellborn & Randolph County are pretty balanced across the board but Randolph County has a 3 year starter junior QB with a lot of depth at WR to throw to. The offense of young and inexperienced (freshman & sophomores) but with about 4-5 running backs sharing the work load it kind of makes up for it. There?s not a lot of team speed for Randolph county. RC makes up for lack of speed by being more physical and just bigger along with a veteran coach. Of course I?m biased towards RC but from going 1-9 last year to me having them at 3-7 after their jamboree performance to them sitting at 6-0 and still developing significantly has been something special.

Side note: Saks & Wellborn?s players have played against Piedmont so their use to that kind of caliber opponent regularly.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Edited by - GiglnTiger on 10/04/2022 14:47:35
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  15:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, thank you. I just noticed that region doesn't get much coverage.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  16:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides your thoughts on the private school thing, what are your thoughts on Region 4's matchup against Region 3? Confident? Worried? Intrigued? First time many of those teams will play one another.
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  19:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoever plays St. James and Trinity should be worried, but, I feel like who ever of those two (St. James/Trinity) has to play Saks will have a fight on their hands with Saks QB. He?s extremely fast and runs all over the place, unless St. James or Trinity has played teams similar to a dual threat QB.

Scoring on Saks isn?t the issue, it?s being able to contain the QB to keep Saks from being a problem.

I work with several HANDLEY fans and the biggest things all spoke on was St. James QB. I feel like whom ever (3rd/4th seed) matches with St. James has the opportunity to at least go toe to toe offensively with them.

I?ve put the bracket together actually today and who ever wins region 4 and continues to win thru the playoffs has a high probability of hosting every game.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

Bulldog5
Forum Member

20 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  13:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

I dont know if anyone here follows ?The Average Joes Sports Talk? on Facebook. They cover a lot of teams in East Alabama to upper norther East Alabama. They posted a photo of 200+ blue maps and roughly 75+ red maps thru all sports within the school. Can you guess the school? It was UMS-Wright. That?s nearly 300 championship appearances! The link to the post is below. I won?t lie, it?s an amazing thing to see but it?s what recruiting gets you! Like Alabama and their National Titles? UMS-Wrights trophy case is a good recruiting tool. Can you name a public school that?s remotely close to comparing to this? How about half way comparable (150 blue/red maps)?

UMS list 167 state championships, of those 146 are championships that your school Randolph or Handley doesn?t even field a team in. It is poor argument to use 167 blue maps as evidence when your schools don?t compete in 60% of the AHSAA championship sports. To answer your question Mountain Brook list 122 and Hoover list over 100. If you want your schools to get to 167 you can start by fielding boys and girls teams in; soccer, golf, tennis, cross country, indoor track, outdoor track and swimming/diving.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02ZcsX5f8PFuetrXECgMW5NQA36EhBevVmbbZoT6Te2ACDaAjDBDnTtW6YpQxp7gGVl&id=100063627608325

Anyways, sorry that this topic strayed off hand from what it was initially intended. LOL

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  13:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UNA2004

Im not found of them either in any sport!! My son runs Cross Country, and Runs indoor and Outdoor track for a public school and it sucks for them to have to go up against private schools. I don?t know how the AHSAA doesnt see the difference in PRIVATE vs PUBLIC!!!

Go Lions

I want to say that I recall a handful of years ago someone informing me that some of the AHSAA directors and whatnot had children in private schools.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  13:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bulldog5, to answer your question? funding!

Sorry not sorry that the majority in the state being against private schools playing in the public classification strikes a nerve. There?s a place available for private schools? it?s calle the AISA.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

Bulldog5
Forum Member

20 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  13:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WCGuru1

well, I cant go out and get all the "good" kids in my county to come
play ball for me.. BIG BIG difference! All Private schools should start 3A/4A and go from there. Putting a Private school in 1a/2a is a complete Joke!

Factually there are 7 private schools in Mobile, so it is impossible for all 7 schools to ?get all the good kids.? Moody, Hoover, Thompson, Saraland, Spanish Fort, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores seem to have a lot of kids on their rosters that didn?t go there in the 9th grade. I?m sure there are others, but those are the easy ones to factually identify. Do you have any specific, non anonymous examples to back up your claim?

Edited by - Bulldog5 on 10/05/2022 22:44:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07