never seen a game like i did tonight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dawgfan09
Forum Member

30 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  21:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if theres ever been a game rigged it was the dora-corner game tonight. i dont have the exact flags called on dora but it has to be in the neighborhood of 20+ flags and 225 total yards. the highlight being a play where corner threw a double pass that was intercepted only for the refs to huddle up for 5 minutes and then call roughing the passer on a de who hit the wr who was making the pass.

bc

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

286 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  23:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happens every now and then. Sorry it happened to your team.

I was about to blow a gasket last week at the Brewer and East Limestone game along with the rest of the Patriot sideline. Brewer won 27-21 but I thought it should have been 34-14. Possibly even 34-7. Worst called game I've seen in 15 years.

The subject of referee shortage comes up every season and I can't help but wonder if they need to change the way they recruit for officials. A lot of the ads I see make it sound like they're just going to throw you right in to a varsity game your first season.

One idea I like that some referee organizations try is visiting the seniors of teams whose season just ends. Football is still fresh on their minds and bringing them up through the park leagues would be good learning grounds for new officials. No reason for the guys that called a game on Friday night to have to turn around and call 2 or 3 younger games on Saturday (unless they want white cap experience).
Go to Top of Page

dawgfan09
Forum Member

30 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  23:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

Happens every now and then. Sorry it happened to your team.

I was about to blow a gasket last week at the Brewer and East Limestone game along with the rest of the Patriot sideline. Brewer won 27-21 but I thought it should have been 34-14. Possibly even 34-7. Worst called game I've seen in 15 years.

The subject of referee shortage comes up every season and I can't help but wonder if they need to change the way they recruit for officials. A lot of the ads I see make it sound like they're just going to throw you right in to a varsity game your first season.

One idea I like that some referee organizations try is visiting the seniors of teams whose season just ends. Football is still fresh on their minds and bringing them up through the park leagues would be good learning grounds for new officials. No reason for the guys that called a game on Friday night to have to turn around and call 2 or 3 younger games on Saturday (unless they want white cap experience).

i dont expect much from the honestly but what happen tonight is beyond anything ive ever seen. it might be a state record it was around 25-30 flags on dora

bc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07