New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  09:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: Hewitt-Trussville vs Hoover
The only team from this region that has been able to beat Hoover in the last half decade is Thompson. Hewitt-Trussville has come close multiple times, but has yet to pull one out. We've seen both Hoover and Thompson start the season off sluggish, so this could be Hewitt's best shot yet at the Bucs.
Pick: Hewitt-Trussville wins 24-17

6A: Clay-Chalkville vs Center Point
I feel like I put Clay-Chalkville on this list every week, which is a testament to their strength of schedule. This is likely the lone region game left that could challenge the Cougars, as fellow unbeaten Center Point rolls into town. What a start Center Point has had to the season! After moving up from 5A, I doubt anyone expected them to be this competitive in 6A this quickly, but they face the measuring stick of all measuring sticks in 6A.
Pick: Clay-Chalkville wins 42-16

5A: Charles Henderson vs Beauregard
I'll be honest that I don't know a ton about either of these teams. What I do know is these two teams won a combined 6 games a year ago, a total that they've already surpassed this season. Despite being one of just three games between two unbeaten teams this week, both of these teams come in unranked. The winner will probably break into the rankings next week.
Pick: Beauregard wins 28-14

4A: Montgomery Academy vs Andalusia
The murderer's row that is 4A Region 2 begins. Montgomery Academy nearly won the state title a year ago in 3A, Andalusia was a semifinalist in 5A, and Montgomery Catholic entered the season the state title favorite in 4A. This is the first meeting between two of the three teams this season.
Pick: Andalusia wins 28-10

3A: Walter Wellborn vs Dadeville
The winner of this one will take over sole possession of first place in the region and control their own destiny to a region title. Wellborn still has a matchup with defending region champion Saks, whom Dadeville beat a week ago. Dadeville appears well on their way to a deep playoff run. We'll find out about Wellborn.
Pick: Dadeville wins 35-14

2A: Vincent vs B.B. Comer
After a strong finish to last season, I expect Vincent to have a good year and challenge for a playoff spot, but Wow. (4-0) and leading the state in scoring is massive improvement for a program that hasn't had much success in decades. B.B. Comer came into the season as a dark horse state title contender, so a win by Vincent would really put them on the radar as we near the halfway point in the regular season.
Pick: B.B. Comer wins 26-18

1A: South Lamar vs Pickens County
This had developed into quite the rivalry a few years ago with this matchup deciding a region championship for several years in a row. After a couple down years from South Lamar, this game is now being thrust into the spotlight once again as these are the two top teams in the region.
Pick: Pickens County wins 34-21

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  21:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That Wellborn/Dadeville statement is invalid. Randolph County after tomorrow night will still be sitting undefeated.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  13:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

That Wellborn/Dadeville statement is invalid. Randolph County after tomorrow night will still be sitting undefeated.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

You are absolutely right. My mistake.
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  13:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are flying low under the radar, we are good but young on the line where it matters. I had RC at 3-7 to start the season but I then saw them as a 4th seed team. After seeing this Saks / Dadeville game, I see us in a region contention with Wellborn.

I watched the Saks / Dadeville game on YouTube and both proved me wrong. They looked horrible compared to the hype that?s been being given to them.

https://youtu.be/lcmYJCTdiRk

Alot of unknowns still in 3A R4. But I think Wellborn, RC, Dadeville and Saks are your playoff teams.

Lastly, I think Wellborn wins convincingly.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07