Falkville
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  11:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We travel down this week. Y'all know I see everything through my Pisgah red glasses. What are your thoughts on Falkville vs Pisgah this week?

Also, is there anywhere to eat at that is off the beaten path around there?

Go Eagles!

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  15:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to insult you because I love your enthusiasm for Pisgah football and I think Pisgah is a lot better this year than last. The problem is, I don't think Falkville has dropped off that much from last year. That being said, I think it will be a lot closer than last year (and admittedly, this is not my area that I follow, so I am going off limited information), but I'd have it something like

Falkville 42 Pisgah 17.

Now, should Pisgah getting rolling and have some breaks go their way, they do appear to have a good offense I could see it being more like 42 to 28. But I'll stick with Falkville but I wish your boys the best of luck.

Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  18:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

I don't want to insult you because I love your enthusiasm for Pisgah football and I think Pisgah is a lot better this year than last. The problem is, I don't think Falkville has dropped off that much from last year. That being said, I think it will be a lot closer than last year (and admittedly, this is not my area that I follow, so I am going off limited information), but I'd have it something like

Falkville 42 Pisgah 17.

Now, should Pisgah getting rolling and have some breaks go their way, they do appear to have a good offense I could see it being more like 42 to 28. But I'll stick with Falkville but I wish your boys the best of luck.

no worries my friend. I don?t take it as an insult. I asked for you guys opinion/thoughts on the game. I think it will be a lot closer but hey it could be my red glasses. #128512;#128526;

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

287 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2021 :  01:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know much about Falkville but it does concern me that they got smoked by a Danville team that barely beat a super young Brewer.

As for places to eat the only place I know in Falkville is one of those gas station McDonald's beside the interstate. Haven't been in the actual town in quite some time.

If you're passing near Hartselle just a few miles north of Falkville I do enjoy the Freight House. It's a converted train depot where trains frequently pass just a few yards from you while you eat. Kinda cool. Food has been consistent when I've eaten there.

https://www.freighthousehartselle.com/

Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2021 :  11:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

Don't know much about Falkville but it does concern me that they got smoked by a Danville team that barely beat a super young Brewer.

As for places to eat the only place I know in Falkville is one of those gas station McDonald's beside the interstate. Haven't been in the actual town in quite some time.

If you're passing near Hartselle just a few miles north of Falkville I do enjoy the Freight House. It's a converted train depot where trains frequently pass just a few yards from you while you eat. Kinda cool. Food has been consistent when I've eaten there.

https://www.freighthousehartselle.com/

Thanks! We may check that out!

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2021 :  07:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Falkville 42 Pisgah 17.

well 35-22 Falkville. We turned the ball over twice, one set up a quick score for Falkville. Talent was about even. Our problem is and will continue to be physicality and tackling. We don't do either of those well at all. We have faced 3 teams who run the ball right at you and got whipped up front and missed a very large percentage of tackles.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2021 :  11:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missed tackles are a killer. Still tons of improvement.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07