3. Hoover
4. Hewitt-Trussville
5. Central Phenix City
6. Theodore
7. James Clemens (+2)
8. Oak Mountain (+2)
9. Fairhope (NR)
10. Daphne (-3)

Class 2A Region 2 is going to be an outstanding battle to make the postseason. I've already had 5 different teams from the region ranked at some point, and any of the 5 could make at least a quarterfinals run. Just an incredibly deep region.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  11:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed you guys left Plainview out of your top 10 for 3A. I can tell you after seeing them Friday they may not be the 4th best team in 3A that they are ranked now but they should be ranked for sure. Their running back #11 is legit. They have some good pieces to go with them. The only down side to them right now is the QB broke his hand against us. He will be out when they play Fyffe most likely but they are a fundamentally sound team. If you play them you better play the correct gap every play or they will make you pay for it.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  11:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only questions I got is about St. Michael already being ranked. I think they are going in the right direction, but Jackson had 4 turnovers, I am happy their program is turning around, but I think they have a little bit too much hype.
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  12:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloth Nationzz

The only questions I got is about St. Michael already being ranked. I think they are going in the right direction, but Jackson had 4 turnovers, I am happy their program is turning around, but I think they have a little bit too much hype.

At this early point in the season, I base a lot of my rankings on how good I thought the teams would be in the preseason along with how good they have been so far, and I thought Jackson would be state title contenders. That certainly could end up being wrong, but St. Michael also still has to play Vigor, Mobile Christian, and Williamson, so if they lose all three they'll likely fall out of my rankings. Win 1/3 or 2/3, and they'll probably be well deserving of their ranking by season's end.

I just like to note that I don't like to rank teams based on how I think they'll finish the season. I rank them based on what they've done so far, and for the first half of the season I'll also consider how they've performed vs their preseason expectations.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  14:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

I've noticed you guys left Plainview out of your top 10 for 3A. I can tell you after seeing them Friday they may not be the 4th best team in 3A that they are ranked now but they should be ranked for sure. Their running back #11 is legit. They have some good pieces to go with them. The only down side to them right now is the QB broke his hand against us. He will be out when they play Fyffe most likely but they are a fundamentally sound team. If you play them you better play the correct gap every play or they will make you pay for it.

Go Eagles!

Plainview is right on the cusp outside of my Top 10, but gun to my head... at this point, I'd take all of my top 10 over them head to head. Of course, that could change.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  16:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloth Nationzz

Yeah I am holding off on them for right now. I will be honest, Jackson was 11th in my last poll. And I was pretty much floored by St. Michaels winning that game, but I want to see a bit more before I jump on that hype train.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07