5A Region 8

Russellville 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
East Limestone 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

I feel confident on the first 3. Russellville seems to reload every year. Mae Jemison will be extremely athletic as usual. EL loses some seniors at the skill positions but seem to always have some monster sized lines (what do they feed those boys?).

4-7 not so much as they've all got new head coaches and all doing major rebuilding.

Actual Region finish with overall record:

Russellville 8-2
East Limestone 5-5
Lee-Huntsville 5-5
Ardmore 7-3
Brewer 2-8
Mae Jemison 2-8
Lawrence County 0-10

The two I really whiffed on were Ardmore and Mae Jemison. This Region turned out worse than I thought and I'm not going to be surprised if all are out by the end of Round 2 (though I think Russellville will get to at least the quarters).
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2021 :  12:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be pretty surprised if Russellville makes it to the quarters.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1266 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2021 :  14:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prediction. Real
3A region 7
Fyffe 9-0 8-1
Plainview 9-1 7-3
Collinsville 7-3 3-7
Sylvania 3-7 8-2
Geraldine 3-7 7-3
Asbury 2-8 2-8
Brindle Mtn 0-10 0-9

Really missed on Sylvania and Geraldine not too surprised by Collinsville.

Prediction. Real
6A region 7
Oxford 7-3 6-4
Ft Payne 9-1 6-4
Arab 6-4 8-2
Southside 5-5 5-5
Pell City 5-5 2-8
Springville 4-6 4-6
Scottsboro 1-9 3-7

Pretty proud of this region did not anticipate Oxford and Ft Payne having slow starts Oxford is really 5-5 and both teams are playing now how I thought they would. Arab was a nice surprise and got Ft Payne at the right time and Oxford at the wrong one. Scottsboro was much more competitive than I was thinking.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2021 :  13:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

Man, I love this. I might do a couple of regions near by. I will start with 2A region 7 because thats where my kid plays. More out of region wins for the last few for the bottom 4 teams IMO. Falkville finished 2nd last year, lost the majority of their starters and the coach left. Ider will be better than their record. NSM will win the region, Tanner has to go to NSM but they were very young last year. They lost top two runners but most everything else comes back. Section will be hard nosed football team with a couple of really good runners. Lost a lot up front but got a few guys up front that can fill in. Whitesburg may be better than last in the region it's hard to gauge them. 2nd year program private school so who knows what they bring in. They played extremely hard last year. Pisgah is where my kid plays. I expect them to much improved. 4 seniors last year and 1 missed the majority of the year, one was a kicker, one was a standout on defense and the other one was decent so all in all only 2 played a lot and only one difference maker. The flip side to that is we started 4 freshmen both ways, an 8th grader and 5 or 6 10th graders. They are all a year older and stronger. I don't expect the to win the region but I expect them to be very competitive no matter who we play.

NSM 7-3
Tanner 8-2
Pisgah 7-3
Section 5-5
Ider 4-6
Whitesburg Christian 5-5
Falkville 4-6

Go Eagles!

Pisgah 7-3 Won region, we are really a year earlier than I thought. Like Last year we only have 4 seniors. These 4 contributed a lot more than last year across the board. We are really still a very young team.
Tanner 8-2 Good Team They will have some losses but they will return one of the best DL in all of 2A.

Ider 7-3 Good for them making the playoffs. They really maximized what they had. They have quite a few seniors this year and it may get rough from here on in.

NSM- 4-7 I thought they would have won the region. They returned a lot up front but man did they run out of gas. They lose a lot up front and in skill in terms of production. It might be rough up there for a couple years. Good coaching staff though.

Section- 6-4 crazy year for them. They had some injuries that hurt them early in the year and they lost games they probably shouldn't have. They lose a good bit as well.

Falkville 4-6 they had some key injuries down the stretch that made life hard for them. Ultimately, they finished about how I thought they would. They beat us but we had 4 turnovers that were basically a 28 point swing. Not taking anything away from Falkville but when you are a young team you cannot turn the ball over 4 times.

Whitesburg Chirstian- 3-7 They play hard but they are a 2nd year program that looked about like a 2nd year program. It probably won't take them long to be good if they want to be good. Private schools can turn it around in a hurry if they want to.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07