Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2021 :  16:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon! As most of you guys are, I have been missing football a lot. I was wondering if you guys would like to start predictions for this coming fall for regions, does not matter what classification. And then in November we can come back and look and see if anyone did really well. I will start off
Class:4A region 2
Saint James 9-1
Geneva 7-3
Alabama Christian Academy 6-4
Dale County 5-5
Straughn 4-6
Bullock County 3-7
Ashford 2-8
Booker T Washington 1-9

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  13:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I love this. I might do a couple of regions near by. I will start with 2A region 7 because thats where my kid plays. More out of region wins for the last few for the bottom 4 teams IMO. Falkville finished 2nd last year, lost the majority of their starters and the coach left. Ider will be better than their record. NSM will win the region, Tanner has to go to NSM but they were very young last year. They lost top two runners but most everything else comes back. Section will be hard nosed football team with a couple of really good runners. Lost a lot up front but got a few guys up front that can fill in. Whitesburg may be better than last in the region it's hard to gauge them. 2nd year program private school so who knows what they bring in. They played extremely hard last year. Pisgah is where my kid plays. I expect them to much improved. 4 seniors last year and 1 missed the majority of the year, one was a kicker, one was a standout on defense and the other one was decent so all in all only 2 played a lot and only one difference maker. The flip side to that is we started 4 freshmen both ways, an 8th grader and 5 or 6 10th graders. They are all a year older and stronger. I don't expect the to win the region but I expect them to be very competitive no matter who we play.

NSM 7-3
Tanner 8-2
Pisgah 7-3
Section 5-5
Ider 4-6
Whitesburg Christian 5-5
Falkville 4-6

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

285 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  18:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5A Region 8

Russellville 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
East Limestone 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

I feel confident on the first 3. Russellville seems to reload every year. Mae Jemison will be extremely athletic as usual. EL loses some seniors at the skill positions but seem to always have some monster sized lines (what do they feed those boys?).

4-7 not so much as they've all got new head coaches and all doing major rebuilding.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2021 :  07:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

5A Region 8

Russellville 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
East Limestone 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

I feel confident on the first 3. Russellville seems to reload every year. Mae Jemison will be extremely athletic as usual. EL loses some seniors at the skill positions but seem to always have some monster sized lines (what do they feed those boys?).

4-7 not so much as they've all got new head coaches and all doing major rebuilding.

I was going to do this region too since my oldest played at East. I know they lost some skill but from what I hear they may have more speed than they normally have. I know they lost a big lineman that was a beast, two more upfront that were solid, and #4 Swart is just a winner. So that will hurt but they might be pretty good if they can plug some holes up front.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

285 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2021 :  16:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

5A Region 8

Russellville 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
East Limestone 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

I was going to do this region too since my oldest played at East. I know they lost some skill but from what I hear they may have more speed than they normally have. I know they lost a big lineman that was a beast, two more upfront that were solid, and #4 Swart is just a winner. So that will hurt but they might be pretty good if they can plug some holes up front.

Go Eagles!

Go for it. I'm just hoping we (Brewer) can field more than a JV team against you guys for once.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1262 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2021 :  13:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to do a few from my area ill start with
6A region 7
Oxford 7-3
Ft Payne 9-1
Arab 6-4
Southside 5-5
Pell City 5-5
Springville 4-6
Scottsboro 1-9

Oxford is still the class of the region but I think they take a step back this season. Their non region schedule is brutal. Ft Payne should host a playoff game could get lucky and upset Oxford for the region title. Arab, Southside, Pell City, & Springville are all very similar all could go anywhere 3-7 & 7-3. Scottsboro will struggle again with a tough schedule a new coach and young team.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2021 :  15:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will probably finish just like they did last year.

Fyffe 9-0
Plainview 9-1
Geraldine 7-3 Could be 8-2 pure guess as to Saks beating them
Collinsville 7-3
Sylvania 4-6
Asbury 2-8
Brindlee Mountain 0-10

Fyffe will be Fyffe in the regular season. What will be interesting to see is if they have the horses left to win another title. They will have the talent level to do it but I am not sure they will have the experience to get it done.

Plainview lost a lot from their backfield last year but they return a lot up front and on defense. Their QB is very talented and has played a lot of ball. They have had a move in that will help them a lot in the backfield. I almost picked them to win the region but, well Fyffe!

Geraldine got a new coach may not be as good as I predicted but their schedule allows for them to win 7 I think

Sylvania New coach and lost a lot of talent. They may still have a good squad and the new coach will be a good one when it is all said and done but I think it takes him a year or two

Asbury- Still a new kid on the block. I think they will be more competitive than their record indicates.

Brindlee Mountain- They may very well win 3 games and may beat Asbury. I have heard they have a lot of excitement around the program but it's one of those I have to see it.

Go Eagles!

Edited by - BamaJoe on 06/27/2021 08:18:52
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1262 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2021 :  18:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3A region 7
Fyffe 9-0
Plainview 9-1
Collinsville 7-3
Sylvania 3-7
Geraldine 3-7
Asbury 2-8
Brindle Mtn 0-10

This region has always been top heavy.. Fyffe runs away with it.
Plainview could win a playoff game or two. Collinsville should be better if only because Sylvania and Geraldine take steps back rebuilding.
Asbury is getting better ever so slightly.
Brindlee Mtn has a schedule with 3 to 4 wins on it. But. They have a lot of problems they could win games with a 1A schedule but they're 3A. They struggle with a small roster size, and basically start from scratch each year. They did start a pee wee program again this season so maybe they'll start building a program but Ill belive it when I see it.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2021 :  08:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5A Region 8

East Limestone 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
Russellville 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

Admittedly I am not as in tune with this region top to bottom as I was in years gone by but I think East may have something this year. There is a ton of talent there. Some of it is young and they will have to rebuild a little bit up front however they have some quality up front.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  14:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4A Region 8

Brooks 10-0
Deshler 7-3
Central 7-3
West Limestone 6-4
Priceville 5-5
Wilson 3-7
West Morgan 2-8
Rogers 1-9

This could change as more information becomes available. I could be accused of being a Brooks homer, but this should be the best offense Brooks has had in awhile and that is saying a lot considering how some of their offenses have been in recent memory. Also doesn't hurt that it's not exactly a killer schedule.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  21:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

5A Region 8

East Limestone 9-1
Mae Jemison 7-3
Russellville 7-3
Lee-Huntsville 4-6
Lawrence County 3-7
Ardmore 2-8
Brewer 1-9

Admittedly I am not as in tune with this region top to bottom as I was in years gone by but I think East may have something this year. There is a ton of talent there. Some of it is young and they will have to rebuild a little bit up front however they have some quality up front.

Go Eagles!

May be right but this region has been weak and I think Russellville is going to be really strong this year. East is the only team I see challenging them
Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2021 :  15:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Man, I love this. I might do a couple of regions near by. I will start with 2A region 7 because thats where my kid plays. More out of region wins for the last few for the bottom 4 teams IMO. Falkville finished 2nd last year, lost the majority of their starters and the coach left. Ider will be better than their record. NSM will win the region, Tanner has to go to NSM but they were very young last year. They lost top two runners but most everything else comes back. Section will be hard nosed football team with a couple of really good runners. Lost a lot up front but got a few guys up front that can fill in. Whitesburg may be better than last in the region it's hard to gauge them. 2nd year program private school so who knows what they bring in. They played extremely hard last year. Pisgah is where my kid plays. I expect them to much improved. 4 seniors last year and 1 missed the majority of the year, one was a kicker, one was a standout on defense and the other one was decent so all in all only 2 played a lot and only one difference maker. The flip side to that is we started 4 freshmen both ways, an 8th grader and 5 or 6 10th graders. They are all a year older and stronger. I don't expect the to win the region but I expect them to be very competitive no matter who we play.

NSM 7-3
Tanner 8-2
Pisgah 7-3
Section 5-5
Ider 4-6
Whitesburg Christian 5-5
Falkville 4-6

Go Eagles!

I seen Tanner 1st hand at a 7 on 7 and OL one on One on 7/8..they have some impressive OL/DL.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2021 :  06:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WCGuru1

quote:

NSM 7-3
Tanner 8-2
Pisgah 7-3
Section 5-5
Ider 4-6
Whitesburg Christian 5-5
Falkville 4-6

Go Eagles!

I seen Tanner 1st hand at a 7 on 7 and OL one on One on 7/8..they have some impressive OL/DL.

It would not surprise me if Tanner was very good this year. They were a bit young last year but they were solid. One of those young lineman played basketball for me when he was young. He is a good kid and has always been a great athlete. He must have just grown into a lineman in terms of size. He was the best player in the league in basketball back then.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2021 :  10:58:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4A Region 4

1. Handley (8-1)--loss to Central Clay County
They're usually really good for about two years at a time and then have a couple average years. This is year 2 of being really good.

2. Cherokee County (6-3)--region losses to Handley and @Jacksonville

3. Anniston (6-3)--region losses to Handley and @Cherokee County
This team suffered from having some of their best players hurt/suspended for most of last year, but they showed their potential when they were completely healthy for the playoffs.

4. Jacksonville (5-4)--region losses to Handley and @Anniston
Idk a lot about this team, but I expected them to take a significant step back last year after losing their RB from 2019, and they didn't, so I'm a believer that they've finally built a steady program up there.

5. Munford (5-5)
Coaching turnover has really hurt this program over the last couple of years, and they still haven't found stability yet.

6. Cleburne County (2-8)

7. White Plains (2-8)

Call me crazy if you want, but this is the toughest region in 4A. It wouldn't surprise me for any one of Handley, Cherokee County, or Anniston to make a run to Tuscaloosa. Whoever wins this region will be well prepared for a deep playoff run.
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  10:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4A Region 6

1. Etowah (9-1)--lone loss to Gadsden City
This team should be even better than last year. Look for them in Tuscaloosa.

2. Oneonta (9-1)--loss to Etowah
This is another team that is expected to be better than last year, making one of the toughest regions in 4A even tougher.

3. Good Hope (8-2)--losses to Etowah and Oneonta
I don't think this team will be quite as good as last year, but still good enough for 3rd in the region.

4. Ashville (7-3)--losses to top 3 in region
There's a lot of hype locally about this team. With very little recent success, a playoff spot would be huge for this program. Granted, I know the coach personally because he was my Middle School PE coach for a year, so I'm probably a bit biased, but they overachieved last year and were still a young team. The coach is a journeyman over the last decade and his teams always take on his "chip-on-the-shoulder" personality, making this a dangerous team.

5. Dora (5-5)

6. Fultondale (1-8)

7. Hanceville (3-7)
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  10:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3A Region 5

1. Piedmont (10-0)
Piedmont had an underclassman (possibly a Freshman) at QB last year who made a lot of mistakes early. He's a year older and a true playmaker. Last year was actually a bit of a rebuilding year for this team. This is once again the team to beat in 3A this year.

2. Ohatchee (9-1)
Last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for my dad's alma mater, and yet they finally knocked off Piedmont in the regular season. This is expected to be their best team since the 2016 semifinal team. Kaw-Liga will be heard a lot on the creekbank this year.

3. Saks (8-2)
Don't know much about this team except that last year's team was really young, but there was a lot of talent there.

4. Hokes Bluff (6-4)
This was a young team in a rebuilding year last year. That's really all I know about them. With the drop-off at Wellborn coming, they should challenge for a playoff spot.

5. Walter Wellborn (3-6)
Had a friend on the coaching staff last year. Last year was their year. They lost their best player who was the head coach's son and played QB and MLB and was the best player on both sides of the ball. They'll take a pretty significant step back this year.

6. Pleasant Valley (4-6)

7. Glencoe (1-9)

8. Weaver (1-9)
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  11:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1A Region 5

1. Winterboro (8-2)
I've know their coach since I was 7. He was my PE Coach at Lincoln all through Elementary school, and after being denied our head coaching job multiple times, he finally left to become the HC at Winterboro last year, where he led them to their first region title since 2011. In year 2, the expectations are even higher, and we're all looking forward to seeing what they do this year.

2. Woodland (8-2)
A once proud program that had run on hard times recently, they experienced a bounce-back year last year, and should be even better this year.

3. Ragland (7-3)
This team is hard to gauge from year-to-year, but I'd be surprised if they fail to reach the playoffs this year.

4. Wadley (4-6)
With their worst year in recent memory a year ago, it would be tough to imagine that they wouldn't improve this year.

5. Talladega County Central (2-7)

6. Victory Christian (3-7)

7. Donoho (0-9)
This small private school is better known locally for academics than athletics, which makes them arguably the hardest team in my area to predict from year-to-year. They usually swing to one extreme or the other, so I'll predict this will be a second straight year of struggling to find wins. success usually comes in spurts for this team, so we'll probably see them make another run in a year or two.
Go to Top of Page

WCGuru1
Forum Member

54 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  06:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any thoughts on 2-A Region 5
Aliceville
Addison
Cold Springs
Lamar County
Midfield
Sulligent
Winston Co.

I would say Aliceville and then everyone else kinda packed together.

Edited by - WCGuru1 on 08/12/2021 07:10:27
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  08:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

3A Region 5

1. Piedmont (10-0)
Piedmont had an underclassman (possibly a Freshman) at QB last year who made a lot of mistakes early. He's a year older and a true playmaker. Last year was actually a bit of a rebuilding year for this team. This is once again the team to beat in 3A this year.

2. Ohatchee (9-1)
Last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for my dad's alma mater, and yet they finally knocked off Piedmont in the regular season. This is expected to be their best team since the 2016 semifinal team. Kaw-Liga will be heard a lot on the creekbank this year.

3. Saks (8-2)
Don't know much about this team except that last year's team was really young, but there was a lot of talent there.

4. Hokes Bluff (6-4)
This was a young team in a rebuilding year last year. That's really all I know about them. With the drop-off at Wellborn coming, they should challenge for a playoff spot.

5. Walter Wellborn (3-6)
Had a friend on the coaching staff last year. Last year was their year. They lost their best player who was the head coach's son and played QB and MLB and was the best player on both sides of the ball. They'll take a pretty significant step back this year.

6. Pleasant Valley (4-6)

7. Glencoe (1-9)

8. Weaver (1-9)

I think you are right about Piedmont. I saw their linemen at the Southeastern Line Camp. They look solid and if looks matter at all they got some depth too.

I watched them vs Fyffe last year and the teams were pretty even, at times Piedmont looked like they were the better team but they turned the ball over. It could have been Fyffe's defense was that good too. I think you are right on spot about that QB.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

jtoddo
New Forum Member

19 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2021 :  01:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Region 5 in 2A is basically a two team region, Addison and Aliceville.

Here are my predictions and a little statement on each.

1) Addison, returns a ton of starters and gets Aliceville at home. They lost in overtime to Aliceville last year in ALiceville.

2) Aliceville, as usual will be very athletic and uber fast but they were the least disciplined team that Addison played last year. Will win games based purely on athleticism.

3) Lamar County. Going out on a bit of a limb with them but I saw them play twice last year and they weren't awful. Just a hunch.

4) WCHS/Cold Springs. WCHS was as close to a one man team last year as you could get with RB Austin Owens. He was literally their only weapon. He is incidentally a preferred walk on at Alabama so they had a good one to be their hoss. Cold Springs should be better than last year but they are no better than 4 or 5th in this region.

5) Sulligent. How they have fallen. Not a good team last year but they should be better than Midfield.

6) Midfield. Possibly the worst team that I have seen in the past three to five years and I have seen Tharptown and Meek. Surprisingly they were very unathletic and slow last year. When Addison is faster as a team than you, you have problems.

All in all a very weak region and I believe only two playoff worthy teams here in Addison and Aliceville.

j t walker
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2021 :  20:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

4A Region 6

1. Etowah (9-1)--lone loss to Gadsden City
This team should be even better than last year. Look for them in Tuscaloosa.

2. Oneonta (9-1)--loss to Etowah
This is another team that is expected to be better than last year, making one of the toughest regions in 4A even tougher.

3. Good Hope (8-2)--losses to Etowah and Oneonta
I don't think this team will be quite as good as last year, but still good enough for 3rd in the region.

4. Ashville (7-3)--losses to top 3 in region
There's a lot of hype locally about this team. With very little recent success, a playoff spot would be huge for this program. Granted, I know the coach personally because he was my Middle School PE coach for a year, so I'm probably a bit biased, but they overachieved last year and were still a young team. The coach is a journeyman over the last decade and his teams always take on his "chip-on-the-shoulder" personality, making this a dangerous team.

5. Dora (5-5)

6. Fultondale (1-8)

7. Hanceville (3-7)

I just saw this, but isn't Good Hope in the region with Fayette, Haleyville, Northside, Gordo etc?

***Nevermind, you're right. I went and double-checked. How I didn't know this is mind boggling.

Edited by - TheMUBM on 09/07/2021 20:59:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07