My High School Player
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2024 :  17:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know some of you won't care much but I wanted to share with you guys because I feel like you guys are HSFB enthusiast like me. Now that his high school career is over I wanted share his accomplishments. Yall know I love my Pisgah Eagles so for him to have this kind of success at my school makes it even more special to me.

1. 3x ASWA All-State (1 First Team and 2 Second Team)
2. 3x All-Region Selection
3. 3x All Huntsville Region Selection
4. 4x All-County Selection

All that and he is even better academically, a 30 on the ACT and wants to be a pharmacist.

PS he would kill me for posting this but he isn't a Dad so he doesn't understand.

Go Eagles!

WinstonCountyGrad
AHSFHS Moderator

139 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  07:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! He will get it some day

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  10:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the successful playing career!

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
Go to Top of Page

Northwest
Forum Member

25 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  14:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

I know some of you won't care much but I wanted to share with you guys because I feel like you guys are HSFB enthusiast like me. Now that his high school career is over I wanted share his accomplishments. Yall know I love my Pisgah Eagles so for him to have this kind of success at my school makes it even more special to me.

1. 3x ASWA All-State (1 First Team and 2 Second Team)
2. 3x All-Region Selection
3. 3x All Huntsville Region Selection
4. 4x All-County Selection

All that and he is even better academically, a 30 on the ACT and wants to be a pharmacist.

PS he would kill me for posting this but he isn't a Dad so he doesn't understand.

Go Eagles!

That's incredible.
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  19:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to him. Is his playing career totally over or is he going to play college ball somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

BrianYoung
Forum Member

41 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  20:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will enjoy the team success more than the indiviual awards.

The ACT score is the best individual award.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  21:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

Congrats to him. Is his playing career totally over or is he going to play college ball somewhere?

Well, his primary position is OL. He played center his first 3 years. He played all 5 spots his senior year with his primary being LT. He is going to Bama but he is only 6'2" 255 pounds. So he is hoping to get a preferred walk-on as a long snapper. We had a visit for the Arkansas game but with the new staff coming in we have no idea what is going to happen.

Defensively he plays DE and ILB but he has his heart set on Bama so the Long Snapping thing is the only way.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2024 :  21:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrianYoung

He will enjoy the team success more than the indiviual awards.

The ACT score is the best individual award.

Yes sir! That opens so many doors for him. Makes me so proud.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

hthe3
Forum Member

31 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2024 :  07:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very impressive young man. Wishing him the best at Bama.

As an alum and fan, I'm impressed with the new staff. If he's able to get a spot, I imagine he'll have some good connections if he wants to get into coaching after school.
Go to Top of Page

YoungBallCoach
Forum Member

44 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2024 :  08:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to your son for being an awesome player and student. If I'm correct, I feel like I started coaching at East Limestone right as you all moved to Pisgah for that 2019 season. Would've loved the opportunity to coach them. I'm an OL guy and I always dream of having a kid like that to coach!
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2024 :  12:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YoungBallCoach

Congrats to your son for being an awesome player and student. If I'm correct, I feel like I started coaching at East Limestone right as you all moved to Pisgah for that 2019 season. Would've loved the opportunity to coach them. I'm an OL guy and I always dream of having a kid like that to coach!

You would have. The one I mentioned here would have been in 8th grade that year. My oldest would have been a senior that year. He was a very good player too. We love East and always will. I coached a bunch of the kids you guys have now when they were in rec. Roman, and Jamo in Basketball. Travis and a couple more played football. When that group was young they were very good. A lot of the core group moved and several just didn't play when they got older. We still keep up. I make it a point to get down to see the kids from time to time. We came down for the fall jamboree vs MA.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2024 :  07:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, his primary position is OL. He played center his first 3 years. He played all 5 spots his senior year with his primary being LT. He is going to Bama but he is only 6'2" 255 pounds. So he is hoping to get a preferred walk-on as a long snapper. We had a visit for the Arkansas game but with the new staff coming in we have no idea what is going to happen.

Defensively he plays DE and ILB but he has his heart set on Bama so the Long Snapping thing is the only way.

Go Eagles!

Just a quick update to your question. He did in fact get a preferred walk on spot at Alabama! He is enrolling for the summer and going through workouts!

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2024 :  00:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Go Eagles!

Just a quick update to your question. He did in fact get a preferred walk on spot at Alabama! He is enrolling for the summer and going through workouts!

Go Eagles!

HOORAH & ROLL TIDE!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07