Fall sports and fans?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UNA2004
AHSFHS Forum Member

78 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  20:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been thinking a lot lately about the fall sports that are about to begin and if anyone has heard anything about how they are going to allow fans to go to games. I have a son that runs Cross Country and a daughter in the band. I was told that it is being talked about that each student athlete would receive a certain number of tickets for family members or friends and everyone else would be left out. I hope this isn?t true but in this day and time anything could be true, has anyone heard anything from the AHSAA or from any coaches or Administrators?

Go Lions

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  21:59:53  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Better not be the case. There's no reason what-so-ever to not allow spectators in, especially if they make them wear masks. At our games, generally, people aren't bunched up together in the first place. So to single out random spectators who aren't family of current athletes would be wrong. I'm just saying.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

286 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2020 :  14:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With cases of COVID rising again (with Alabama being among the highest) I'm preparing for the all-too bleak scenario of no fall sports and possibly no winter sports. Even if they could find a way to put the games on would they even be able to recover the costs if they couldn't bring in the fans? Doesn't seem economically feasible to me as football is an expensive sport to have.

We've come a long way with streaming technology but my alma mater still doesn't have their own broadcast or NFHS streaming site. With no family members on the football team I might just be outta luck if they carry on.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2020 :  10:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw a facebook post from a county school BOE and in the post they said that Dr. Mackey (state superintendent) has procured 2.5 million face coverings for student and faculty. The post also said that was approximately 3 for every student and faculty member and that usage of the covering was optional. Given that last part I would say that we should probably have football and it will probably be fans with recommended social distancing and optional face coverings. Just a guess.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07