Super 7 changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

113 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  07:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! I dont think I have seen this mentioned on the forums yet, and I apologize if it has and I have missed it.

Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were with the AHSAA announcing the addition of the BJCC field in Birmingham joining BDS and JHS as hosts of the Super 7 games?

I know Josh Bean wrote some stories and columns about it. Yall see it as a good thing?

One thing I noticed on some comments was why dont they add a stadium in Montgomery or Mobile for the Southern teams? The comment said the ASU stadium in Montgomery or the new USA stadium in Mobile. They mentioned Troy also, but I know they already host the AISA games.

Just wanted to see everyone's opinions!

Have a great Friday and a great weekend all!

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  11:20:00  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I liked just having the games in Auburn and Tuscaloosa. It gave fans a chance to see the major college stadiums. I do not think they will ever have the games in Mobile and I doubt in Troy. It may be set for a long time the way it is.

The Cramton Bowl is not very nice for the games so I doubt they would go to Montgomery unless they go to the ASU stadium. Really it makes little difference for the south Alabama teams. It is about the same drive time to Auburn, Tuscaloosa or Birmingham. If it is a state championship game, the fans will travel.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1263 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  22:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is special for the kids and coaches to play on those historic fields in Auburn and Tuscaloosa. But the only thing I have against playing there is the stadiums are too big. With even the biggest classifications you could bring the entire town of both teams and not fill up the lower bowls. There's no atmosphere. With the smaller stadium in Birmingham maybe it'll recreate the friday night experience.
As for adding other locations. I don't think it's necessary; maybe add one game every 6th year rotating in Ladd Peebles, Milton Frank or Lewis Crews. It's not something that absolutely has to happen in the near future though. It may turn out that Protective Stadium becomes the logical choice in the future. Time will tell.
Go to Top of Page

dmbutler
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2019 :  05:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was fine with the current rotation between Auburn and Tuscaloosa. Yes, the stadiums are too big for high school games but once you are there, you get over that real quick and it?s about the game on the field. Birmingham?s Protective Life Stadium might be a better atmosphere and I?m OK with the third rotating city. No need to expand further.

BTW, David, Mobile Christian is HOME vs Gordo in this week?s 3rd round playoff game.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07