Correction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2013 :  12:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Piedmont Saks game played 10/24/1969 should be a 7-0 win for Saks. It is wrong on both the Piedmont page and the Saks page.

Thanks

Mike Naugher

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2013 :  08:50:02  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. I will correct that.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

Wetzel222
Forum Member

39 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  08:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The game Lawrence County played last night against hatton on 8/22/14 was a jamboree. I wasn't to sure if you are putting Jamboree games on here as well?
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  12:09:34  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think the AHSAA even knows what games are jamborees and what aren't. The Hatton/Lawrence Co. game listed as a regular season game is based on a release the AHSAA sent out listing the regular season and jamboree games for this week, and they put said game in the regular season list. They were asking schools to send in whether the games were regular season or preseason, and I guess they were interpreting what they were sent. They should have just allowed 11 games to count this season, as they previously did in 1983, as it certainly wouldn't have been unprecedented.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 08/23/2014 13:48:26
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  15:28:08  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No one. I repeat, no one can figure all this nonsense out. I have tried for weeks. Either play jamborees or play regular season games. I really don't care which. Eventually I will get it all straight.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  16:08:05  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And it doesn't help that today's Champions Challenge, or whatever it's called, has a mixture of preseason and regular season games. Crazy, to say the least.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  16:32:19  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe the only game that counts is Stanhope Elmore and Spanish Fort. Is that correct?

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2014 :  02:04:57  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's right. I'd also assume most of the games listed on the c2c site the AHSAA uses now which don't have scores added are more than likely jamborees. It'll all eventually sort itself out, but it might take a while for the lower classifications.

Also of interest, I noticed next week 2A Tarrant plays 6A Woodlawn. I'm sure it's rare games between schools with that big a gap in class happens. Though with the two teams involved, it might be a close matchup. I also remember a few years ago when Central-Tuscaloosa, which was 5 or 6A played Courtland, which was 1A.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07