Mississippi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marengo
AHSFHS Moderator

303 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2020 :  06:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Season rolled back two weeks to 9-4 as starting date for opening games according to wtok tv Meridian website.

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2020 :  20:40:03  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am afraid they are just delaying the inevitable. Sadly when concessions begin the end will be near. I see no path to high school football this fall. I hate to be the prophet of doom but the AHSAA has a problem with no solution.

They cannot make a decision that will please even a majority of the fans, players, coaches and administrators. I am just glad that I do not have to make that decision.

Face it. There is no solution. When the AHSAA does make an announcement in a week or so it will be met with ridicule, anger, remorse, mockery and other words that cannot be repeated.

Before turning on the AHSAA I suggest you try and look at it from their perspective. There is no right decision. Whatever it is it will be in the best interest of everyone involved from Steve Savarese to the average football fan.

There is no conspiracy. The AHSAA will exist long after this virus is only in the history books. Just try to accept the decision, take a deep breath and we will live with it.

AHSFHS.org will be here with or without a football season.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2020 :  09:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I hope you are wrong but each day I have the feeling that you may be right. I think even if they get the season started it could be shutdown at anytime. I can just hope that if people will do what to doctors ask maybe we will see a turn around with this virus. Football pays for most of the sports on the high school level and not having fans or limiting fans will have an impact on all the other sports.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07