General Discussion
 Super Seven Pick 'em Contest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2019 :  17:40:37  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. Here we go. All you need to do is reply to this post and list the teams for each classification that you think will make it to the Super Seven this December.
I will give you mine now.

7A - Central Phenix City - Thompson. A rematch from last year.

6A - Opelika - Muscle Shoals. It was a tough pick to leave out Saraland.

5A - Bibb County - Japser. Bibb County is a surprise team but it could be Ramsay or Briarwood. I just think there is always one Cinderella team and this could be it.

4A - UMS-Wright - Deshler. I honestly think UMS-Wright may not be there but I just do not know who will beat them in the south.

3A - Pike County - Piedmont. Pike County is rolling with a great defense and I will never pick against Coach Smith and Piedmont.

2A - Luverne - Fyffe. Same with Fyffe, never pick against them. Luverne is the best team in a weak south this year.

1A - Lanett - Mars Hill. Lanett has an elite QB and an excellent defense. Mars Hill will be tough to beat once again.

Good Luck to everyone. I assure you I will not be difficult to beat.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1263 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2019 :  19:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A - Central Phenix City vs Hoover

6A - Opelika vs Oxford

5A - Pleasant Grove vs Mortimer Jordan Pleasant Grove upsets Ramsay Central Clay beats Jasper in the rematch but loses in Semifinals to a upset minded blue devils

4A - American Christian vs Deshler American Christian has been dominate Deshler has a good team coach Martin is a good coach deserves to get there

3A - Pike County vs Susan Moore coin flip between Pike County and Gordo both have great defenses Susan Moore is a stretch but I would like to see it.

2A - Leroy vs Fyffe Fyffe because Fyffe; Leroy should have an easier path than Luverne

1A - Sweet Water vs Mars Hill Mars Hill should walk in the north. Sweet Water, Isabella, Lanett were my choices in the south
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2019 :  19:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here to defend my title.

7a - Central Phenix City over Hoover
6A - Muscle Shoals over Saraland
5A - Central Clay over Ramsay (side note: Bibb Co I have losing in second round, wouldn't be shocked if they lost 1st.)
4A - UMS over Northside. As someone living in this area, Deshler ain't it.
3A - Gordo over Piedmont
2A - Aliceville over Abbeville (going a bit off the board here)
1A - Mars Hill (better than last year, and I told yall was the best 1A team I had seen since Courtland) over Lanett.
Go to Top of Page

UNA2004
AHSFHS Forum Member

78 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2019 :  20:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A - McGill-Toolen - Hoover

6A - Saraland - Oxford

5A - Faith Academy - Jasper

4A - Catholic Montgomery - Jacksonville

3A - Pike County - Randolph Co.

2A - Luverne - Fyffe

1A - Isabella - Mars Hill

Go Lions
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  06:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

Ok. Here we go. All you need to do is reply to this post and list the teams for each classification that you think will make it to the Super Seven this December.
I will give you mine now.

7A - Central Phenix City - Thompson. A rematch from last year.

6A - Opelika - Muscle Shoals. It was a tough pick to leave out Saraland.

5A - Bibb County - Japser. Bibb County is a surprise team but it could be Ramsay or Briarwood. I just think there is always one Cinderella team and this could be it.

4A - UMS-Wright - Deshler. I honestly think UMS-Wright may not be there but I just do not know who will beat them in the south.

3A - Pike County - Piedmont. Pike County is rolling with a great defense and I will never pick against Coach Smith and Piedmont.

2A - Luverne - Fyffe. Same with Fyffe, never pick against them. Luverne is the best team in a weak south this year.

1A - Lanett - Mars Hill. Lanett has an elite QB and an excellent defense. Mars Hill will be tough to beat once again.

Good Luck to everyone. I assure you I will not be difficult to beat.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

7A Central Phenix City-James Clemens. JC is battle tested and this year it pays off with a big run

6A Opelika- Muscle Shoals that bunch from the shoals is scary good. They kind of look like they are going through the motions at times. Lets see if they can live up to the talent.

5A Ramsay-Mortimer Jordan The bracket sets up good for MJ and I think Jasper might be a bit of a paper tiger.

4A UMS Wright-Northside UMS Wright probably wins big over whoever.

3A Gordo-Susan Moore. SM is a well coached, solid football team. Not sure if they are the most talented but the coach gets it all out of them.

2A Leroy-Fyffe Fyffe is not as big as they have been in the past and they don't have one guy you have to fear but they are GOOD! excellent defense and they don't help you beat them because they are by far and away the most disciplined and accountable football program I have ever seen.

1A Lanett- Mars Hill. Mars Hill needs to be playing in 3A or 4A.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2019 :  10:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are mine I am confident in them.

7A Central Phenix City - Hoover. A rematch from earlier this year where Hoover won off of a last second field goal.

6A Saraland - Muscle Shoals. Both teams look great if this happens it?ll be a classic.

5A Bibb County - Jasper. Bibb County shut out American Christian and gained my respect. Jasper will be a close one but I could see them losing before.

4A UMS Wright - Jacksonville. UMS Wright is the usual dominate team and I think Jacksonville is good but I have UMS winning

3A Saint James - Piedmont. Coach Perry has his team getting better every week. Piedmont is still a powerhouse and Coach Perry versus Coach Smith will be a great coaching battle.

2A Reeltown - Fyffe. Reeltown has all the talent and suffered a one point lost to a good Ranburne team. Fyffe is still great and this will be a great game.

1A Lanett - Mars Hill. Lanett has a stud at quarterback and Lanett has been good all year. Mars Hill has been crushing teams left and right. This game would be another great game.

Edited by - Sloth Nationzz on 11/04/2019 10:58:39
Go to Top of Page

jmcgill56
AHSFHS Forum Master

102 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  18:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: McGill-Toolen vs. Hoover
6A: Saraland vs. Muscle Shoals
5A: Jasper vs. Bibb County
4A: UMS-Wright vs. Northside
3A: Pike County vs. Piedmont
2A: Fyffe vs. Luverne
1A: Lanett vs. Mars Hill

Jonathan McGill
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  23:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: Central-Phenix City - Thompson -- Mountain Brook and Hoover obviously could get there from the North, and James Clemens has an outside shot, and there's McGill-Toolen from the South, but I ultimately see a rematch of last year.

6A: Saraland - Muscle Shoals --I had this matchup as my pre-season picks in 6A, and there has been nothing to make me think otherwise.

5A: Ramsay - Jasper --I had Ramsay before the season to win it all, and it'll be tough coming out of a stacked South with Briarwood, Pleasant Grove, Bibb County, and Faith Academy, but if they get there they'll certainly be battle-tested. Jasper gets the nod because of their regular-season victory over Central-Clay County.

4A: UMS-Wright - Northside --I can't believe anyone will beat UMS until someone actually does. The North is a complete crap-shoot, with 7 or 8 teams that could legitimately get to the championship game, but I think Northside has the easiest path.

3A: Pike County - Piedmont --Another matchup that I had in the pre-season. The only teams with a real shot at Pike County from the South are probably Gordo and Flomaton. Piedmont, Randolph County, and Wellborn all are about equal (I saw Wellborn destroy my alma mater, Lincoln, early in the year, and they have a qb who is faster than greased lightning), but Piedmont's playoff experience carries them through.

2A: Luverne - Fyffe --South is probably between Luverne and Reeltown, and Luverne has more big-game experience. My dad is from Ohatchee, and we've been to several of their games over the past few years (they're a legitimate threat to Fyffe), so I'm hoping they pull the upset, but until someone actually beats them, I've got to go with Fyffe.

1A: Isabella - Pickens County --Isabella is for real. Knocking off Maplesville and Linden weren't flukes. Pickens County was my pre-season pick in 1A because of their massive 300lbs+ Alabama commit on the line. They are the only team in the North with a shot to beat Mars Hill.
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  15:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: McGill-Toolen vs. Thompson
6A: Saraland vs. Oxford
5A: Clay Central vs. Briarwood
4A: UMS-Wright vs. Jacksonville
3A: Gordo vs. Piedmont
2A: Fyffe vs. Luverne
1A: Lanett vs. Mars Hill

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  16:50:40  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
7A - McGill vs Thompson
6A - Saraland vs Muscle Shoals
5A - Bibb County vs Jasper
4A - UMS Wright vs Fayette County
3A - Pike Road vs Susan Moore
2A - Reeltown vs Fyffe
1A - Isabella vs Mars Hill
And one from AISA - Autauga vs Edgewood

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  21:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the one class I tried to go way off the board just bit me. Aliceville lost in the first round.
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  22:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Well the one class I tried to go way off the board just bit me. Aliceville lost in the first round.

Even more shocking...Saraland lost in the 1st round.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  22:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And in reference to my original post, the team I had playing Aliceville which was Abbeville, also lost.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  22:59:37  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BamaJoe leads after the first round with a perfect score. He still has all 14 teams in the running. The pickers with just one miss include: Myself, svmounties, tidefan102, Sloth Nationzz and cwak.

Not many upsets in the first round but then there usually are not many. More on that later in the Tidbits & records article.

Everyone still has a chance so hang in there. The upsets will begin in seven days.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  23:11:33  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. After the second round here are the leaders. If I can count correctly.

BamaJoe and Cwak lead with 12 of 14 teams remaining.
Tidefan102, TheMUBM Sloth Nationzz and myself have 11 of 14 teams remaining.

So it is still a wide open race to the Final Four teams for the Super Seven.

Good job guys. I hope I counted correctly. If not let me know. It is late and I am trying to do one hundred things all at once tonight. I have been known to make mistakes.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  22:52:55  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a new leader after three weeks of playoff games. One more week to the Super Seven games in Auburn.

Tidefan102 leads with a total of 10 correct finalists thus far. He only has four teams out of the playoffs that he picked. Way to go Mike and I wish the Bulldogs good luck in a rematch next week. This one is at home for you guys.

BamaJoe and Cwak both have nine of fourteen teams still in the running. Lastly among the leaders I have eight along with Sloth Nationzz.

Good luck to everyone participating and we will see what happens in seven days.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2019 :  21:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my 1a-4a has been pretty solid. However besides that my predictions have not gone as planned.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2019 :  07:05:30  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And, We have a winner.

Tidefan102 wins this year's pick'em contest with nine correct picks for the Super Seven. Great job Mike! That is 9 of 14 correct. He actually got one right in every classification and nailed the 1A and 3A match ups. His beloved Piedmont Bulldogs will be playing next week to top it off.

Second place goes to Sloth Nationzz with eight correct picks. He picked the 1A, 2A and 4A match ups exactly as they will be next week.

Third falls to me who got none right in 5A and 6A but did get seven correct overall.

Thanks to everyone playing this year. Maybe we will all do better next time.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2019 :  08:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks David. We are headed to Auburn Wednesday for the Thursday morning game with Mobile Christian.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07