Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

crimsonscholar
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  17:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lawrence Yelding is the interim football coach at Daphne.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Daphne-Names-Interim-Head-Football-Coach--251804.shtml#.VqfMBfkrKUk
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  17:30:57  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-1013125214332937804/toby-greene-leaving-cottonwood-to-take-over-clarke-county-football-program/

Toby Greene, who has coached Cottonwood for the past nine years, has been hired as the new football coach and athletic director at Clarke County.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2016 :  08:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Northridge (AL):?Head coach Mike Smith is stepping down after 13 seasons, per source.

From High School Scoop

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

bcs1997
AHSFHS Forum Master

115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  15:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pell City (AL): Head coach Brooks Dampeer will not return

From footballscoop
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  17:17:43  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-9002710962420512180/sidney-lanier-football-coach-cj-harris-ousted-after-3-season-at-montgomery-school/

Sidney Lanier football coach C.J. Harris has been relieved of his coaching duties.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  20:24:57  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cannot confirm or find anything about a coaching change at Northridge or Mike Smith. I will wait on that one until it can be verified. All the others are updated.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  21:20:00  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, that's why I've always wondered if these 'scoop' sites are reliable. I've looked at them before, and it's usually just a sentence saying they 'heard' such and such was about to be fired or some school was about to name a coach. No link to any information verifying it, or anything. It's why, whenever a post is made from a scoop site, I still try to find a source. To me they're like the National Enquirer. I don't read or follow them, so I don't know how accurate they are.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The High School Scoop website is fine to use as far as I am concerned. I never make coaching changed based on it but I do appreciate the people who take the time to look at it and keep me informed in the forums about the changes. I always do a search to find a local source.

They may not be 100% accurate but they are very close. I always verify changes anyway to write the short profile for each change.

If you think about it, most of the internet is only someone's opinion anyway and is not always 100% accurate.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  13:46:25  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
True, I wasn't meaning anything toward anybody who posts from those scoop sites, just the site itself. I've just always thought if some site 'heard' some news, why not post where they heard such news from. That could mean some random person sent them an email saying some coach was getting fired, which might be nothing but hearsay. It makes the things the site posts questionable to me. It doesn't mean it's not ultimately accurate, though. Kind of like when someone says a coach was at a school during such and such years, but offers no proof of that fact. That is, unless it's the coach themselves, as it's been on quite a few occasions.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 02/03/2016 13:53:10
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  15:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dampeer, Pell City part ways

By LAVONTE YOUNG, Home sports editor?lyoung@dailyhome.com?|?Posted?7 days ago

Pell City High School?s football team will be under new leadership in 2016.

On Wednesday, head coach Brooks Dampeer and the school decided to part ways.

?We thought the football program needed to go in a different direction with the leadership of the program,? Pell City Principal Tony Dowdy said. ?That decision was made today."

In three seasons at helm, Dampeer went 16-16 and made the postseason twice (2014, 2015).

Pell City finished the 2015 season with a 4-7 record and fell in the first round of the Class 6A playoffs to eventual state champion Spanish Fort 24-10.

Dowdy said he appreciates what Dampeer was able to accomplish during his tenure.

?Coach Dampeer has been a great role model for our kids,? Dowdy said. ?He has moved our program forward from the time that he has been involved with it. He has done some good things for us. I am very proud of him; he is a great man of character. It was just time to go in a different direction.?

Dowdy said he is looking for a coach to come in and help the school?s student-athletes be successful on and off the playing field.

?We want things to progress,? he said. ?We want somebody to come in and work our kids hard. Take the kids that we have and help instill the good things that you can still learn from high school athletics.?

The principal said the head coach and athletic director positions will be posted within the next few days. Dowdy said he would like to have a coach in place before spring practice.

?We will spend some time accepting applications, and after a certain point in time, we will start the interview process and move from there,? Dowdy said. ?We don?t have a dead set time frame as of today, because it is still kind of early to start.?

This is the third time in five seasons that the Panthers will have a new head coach. Dowdy said a candidate having previous head coaching experience will not be a deciding factor in the search. He said he wants to bring in a coach that is the best for Pell City.

?We are going to look and see who is interested in Pell City,? Dowdy said. ??It is always good to look at those that have head coaching experience, but that is not going to be an automatic qualifier or disqualifier. We are going to see who the best applicant is for Pell City.?

Dampeer declined to comment.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  15:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been on the High school scoop for several years and have found it to be very accurate. Like anything else they can be wrong every now and then.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  17:16:18  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It might be, I've just always been meticulous with information. Some people I know consider me to be like Sheldon Cooper, lol. And I wasn't meaning your posts, as there's many that post the scoop information. It's because that site posts no source information, just a sentence here and there. It's just me, anyway. As others know, I've been trying to compile scores for all of SV's sports. I'll have people occasionally send me messages saying such and such defeated SV by some score on some given date, and I'll always mark it with an asterisk until I can double verify. I just always think unless there's an actual story, just some sentence saying such and such isn't proof it happened or is true. All that's just me and my quirks.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 02/03/2016 17:22:15
Go to Top of Page

bcs1997
AHSFHS Forum Master

115 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  16:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bradley Bowers steps down at Zion Chapel

http://www.dothaneagle.com/sports/high_school/bradley-bowers-resigns-from-post-as-head-football-coach-at/article_76f75ba4-cecc-11e5-80a0-478cb665e272.html?mode=jqm
Go to Top of Page

crimsonscholar
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

242 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  17:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith Etheredge leaves Leeds to go to Pell City

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-1543095808412823738/keith-etheredge-leaving-leeds-for-pell-city-after-four-state-titles-with-green-wave/

Edited by - crimsonscholar on 02/15/2016 18:24:47
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  19:08:02  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-775409534970385659/una-offensive-coordinator-cody-gross-named-athens-coach/

UNA offensive coordinator Cody Gross approved as the Athens head coach.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  07:36:12  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the AHSAA website, Winston County is advertising for a head football coach.??

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

bluemaps
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  11:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dwight Jones named HC at Russell County HS.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/high-school/article59644466.html

Edited by - bluemaps on 02/16/2016 11:11:09
Go to Top of Page

WinstonCountyGrad
AHSFHS Moderator

139 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2016 :  08:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

On the AHSAA website, Winston County is advertising for a head football coach.??

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

I confirmed with the Principal that this is correct. He also advised he uses this sight to research candidates.

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"

Edited by - WinstonCountyGrad on 02/17/2016 08:44:27
Go to Top of Page

bluemaps
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  11:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Valley hires former Gasden City assistant Bradley Lowe as HC.
http://m.oanow.com/sports/high_school/_football/valley-hires-former-gadsden-city-assistant-bradley-lowe-to-take/article_6a51112e-d5e8-11e5-a104-4b4d7efb44a6.html?mode=jqm
Go to Top of Page

crimsonscholar
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

242 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  10:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smiths Station hires Childersburg head coach Adam Fossett

http://m.oanow.com/sports/high_school/_football/adam-fossett-officially-introduced-as-new-smiths-station-head-football/article_f382c8e8-d6b5-11e5-a296-cb108468f226.html?mode=jqm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07