Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Brackets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dparker Posted - 10/24/2019 : 22:55:56
I added the 2019 playoff brackets and will update them on Friday and Saturday with all the slots I can figure out. If you know one or more that I am missing let me know.

Thanks as always

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 10/31/2019 : 20:11:21
Thanks David. I really appreciate all the hard work here. I just wanted to contribute and I really didn't want my posts to come off as rude. Anytime I can help out, let me know.

-Chris
dparker Posted - 10/31/2019 : 08:21:28
Chris. We appreciate everyone's involvement here. Trust me I do not know everything there is to know about high school football. It keeps me busy just trying to keep two states updated properly.
The tiebreakers are somewhat complicated and any help you can provide is appreciated. I am glad you took the time to explain it to everyone as you understand it all.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
TheMUBM Posted - 10/31/2019 : 08:11:37
and just to clarify so my numbers don't confuse anyone. The primary difference between my numbers and joxpreps (which vary from time to time) is that they aren't including common opponent victories.

Reason being, it's a zero-sum gain. By the rule, you do include all victories when using (n), however they used a shortcut.

If teams A, B, & C are all tied and all teams have beaten team Z and team Z has 2 wins, and potentially 1 more then this effects all three teams the same and doesn't change the narrative. So while the rule states to count these victories, it doesn't move the needle as the effect is the same on all teams, so JoxPreps left those out.

I felt it was important to leave all wins in, in an effort to demonstrate how the rule works. However, upon further inspection, if someone read my posts then the JoxPrep Bracketology it may have further confused some folks. For that, I apologize.

I also apologize for being rude yesterday. I simply felt it was my duty to help educate those here on the way the tiebreakers worked. It is rare that I can really contribute anything of worth around here and with all the hard work that is put it on this website I kind of feel like a robber baron. I felt this was my chance to have some valid input and impart some knowledge.

Regards,

Chris

P.S. I had Comer with 5, while Jox had them with 6. Upon checking the numbers, I shorted Comer 1 win as I counted PV as only having 4 victories, not 5.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/30/2019 : 15:33:16
I'm sorry. I didn't know you couldn't read the tiebreaker rules. I apologize for my assumption you could interpret them as they are.

In fact as someone pointed out on another thread jox preps had did a bracketology which they started after I'd done started this stuff. But I suggest you look at it as they have it the same way I do. Only difference being they have Comer with 1 more point than I do and PV with potential for 1 less than I do, which is entirely possible because I did mine on the fly and could have miscalculated something.

http://joxpreps.com/2019-3a-bracketology-week-9/

But I'm sure me (someone who interprets legal documents everyday as a part of their livelihood) and JoxPreps who specializes in high school football are all wrong. But you.... you're right
tidefan102 Posted - 10/30/2019 : 15:27:32
Wait and see if Ohatchee beats PV, Comer is in the playoffs as the 4th seed. You are wrong.

Mike Naugher
TheMUBM Posted - 10/30/2019 : 13:35:08
That's wrong I've already laid it out per the tiebreaker rules but you can believe what you wish. I'd suggest people spend more time interpreting the rules and breaking them down.

Simply put, you are not automatically eliminated if you are unable to schedule a 10th game. Also, once you are in a situation with a three way tie for a position (in which all three teams have not played the same amount of games) and all three teams have lost to, and beaten the same teams within region, and also have split 1-1 between them all, and have no common non-required opponents, then you must use tiebreaker rule (n) which is the amount of total victories of all of their defeated opponents. The word ALL would encompass even their region victories.
tidefan102 Posted - 10/30/2019 : 08:20:39
Saks is out and if Ohatchee beats PV Comer is in.

Mike Naugher
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 12:52:22
5A - R4 will have to revert to tiebreaker (L) which is wins of defeated non region opponents either in class, above class or within 2 classes below.

Right now:

Briarwood has 8, could get as many as 19
Pleasant Grove has 12, could get as many as 13
Ramsay has 8, could get as many as 10

My guess is

Briarwood: 9 P'Grove 13 & Ramsay 8

If that happens then the order would be

1.) Pleasant Grove (most wins from non-region defeated teams)
2.) Briarwood (h2h win against Ramsay)
3.) Ramsay
4.) Parker.

Just guessing there through, all depends on what happens Friday.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 12:37:22
5A - R1 Seeding

1.) Faith Academy
2.) Citronelle
3.) Jackson (defeated Citronelle h2h; tiebreaker (d))
4.) Vigor (defeated Satsuma h2h)
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 12:32:40
5A -R2 Seeding as follows:

1.) Valley
2.) Rehobeth (beat Valley h2h - tiebreaker rule (c))
3.) Greenville (defeated CHHS h2h)
4.) Charles Henderson
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 10:44:50
There is just about no way that happens according to the tie breaker rules. Unless Comer does beat Fayetteville then it could be interesting.
tidefan102 Posted - 10/29/2019 : 10:44:13
It's going to Comer in 4th.

Mike Naugher
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 10:18:18
Once you get past all the "against the number 8 ranked region team..."

The tiebreaker rules then go as such.....

k) The team with the best winning percentage against non-required common opponents.

So in this case, the three teams do not have a shared common non required opponent. So we then must move on to L.

l) The team whose defeated non-region opponents (in class, above class, and within two classes
below) have the most victories if all teams involved in the tie play an equal number of games.

As we see in L, this is only applicable if all the teams play an equal number of games. In this situation with 3A-R6 that is not the case. So now we must move on to (m).

m) The team whose defeated opponents have the most victories if all teams involved in the tie
play an equal number of games.

As we see in M, the "non region" requirement is dropped and it simply refers to defeated opponents. This would include any team you've defeated in-region. However, this tiebreaker still specifies if all teams play the same number of games. Which we have established, they do not. So onto N.

n) The team whose defeated opponents have the most victories.

Tiebreaker N is the exact same as tiebreaker M, only it removes the same number of games requirement. This is where 3A-R6 lands. And it is why you see the number I have for PV, Comer & Saks. It counts all of their defeated opponents wins, not just non-region because that requirement is dropped.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/29/2019 : 10:06:56
I am not sure where you are getting your numbers, but in this case it would fall to (n), which doesn't differentiate between region and non region wins. So you have to count even the region wins. So that's why the numbers are as I have shown.

No, Saks not playing 10 games simply makes them move to rule (n). Which is exactly the same as rule (m), only it eliminates the qualifier of "all teams having played the same amount of games"
tidefan102 Posted - 10/29/2019 : 10:00:07
If it gets to B.B. Comer and Pleasant Valley Comer wins because they beat PV. Doesn't Saks not playing 10 games rule them out? If so then Comer is 4th based on head to head over PV.

Mike Naugher
tidefan102 Posted - 10/29/2019 : 09:55:20
I have Pleasant Valley with 3 and Ohatchee to play which they should not win.
Saks has 2 and their season is over
BBC has 0 A win over Fayetteville would give the 6 and a win by TCC over Coosa Central would give them 7

Mike Naugher
TheMUBM Posted - 10/28/2019 : 20:36:25
It appears 3A-R6 will have to use (n) as well

From my calculations:

Pleasant Valley has 8 with a max of 20
Comer has 5 with a max of 15
Saks has 7 with a max of 10

I predict PV finishes with 9, Comer 6 & Saks 8.

I have PV losing to Ohatchee, but that could be a good game and if PV wins that would give them 8 more defeated opponent wins. Similar situation with Comer vs. Fayetteville. I have Comer losing but if they pull it out, that's 6 defeated opponent wins added to their total.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/28/2019 : 18:35:25
R5 2a will have to use (n)

Cold springs has 8 with possibility of 14

Southeastern has 7 with a possibility of 11

Tarrant has 8 with a possibility of 19.

My prediction is cold springs finishes with 9 while southeastern and Tarrant both have 8
TheMUBM Posted - 10/28/2019 : 16:58:36
If I had to put on my prognosticator cap, I don't think Woodland wins this week. Nor do I think Verbena wins, and I think Wadley loses to Randolph County. But I wouldn't be shocked if Autaugaville wins.

I'd say Wadley stays at 14 or at best goes to 15.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/28/2019 : 16:52:31
Here is how to breakdown Wadleys

Defeated Teams
Woodland: 1 Win (has 1 game left, so another potential win)
Loachapoka: 4 wins (no games left)
Verbena: 2 wins (has 1 game left, so another potential win)
Autaugaville: 2 wins (1 game left, so another potential win)
Notasula: 5 wins (no games left)

So add those together 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 14

Potential wins to accumulate 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

14 + 3 = 17

Then if they beat Randolph County then RCHS would be good for 8 more wins.

17 + 8 = 25

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07