Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Mississippi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dparker Posted - 07/17/2017 : 07:39:45
After ten years AHSFHS.org is proud to announce that we are adding the state of Mississippi to our records.

That's right. Today we are rolling out the beginning of something new. What we have accomplished in Alabama we will be doing for our neighbors to the west.

While I know most of you will have little interest in the history of high school football in Mississippi, if you know of anyone over there that can help us in getting the word out share a link with them.

You can find an article on the homepage and a link at the top of the left column.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bcs1997 Posted - 07/18/2017 : 15:19:19
I'm excited about the addition of MS. I might be able to help some with the coaches. Just a FYI, the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools (MAIS) includes several schools from Louisiana. You might want to consider adding those as well
marengo Posted - 07/17/2017 : 19:26:08
THIS IS GREAT DAVID,JEFF DAVIS HIGH ON THEIR WEBSITE WAS ACTUALLY JEFF DAVIS ACADEMY AT VIMVILLE 2 MILES EAST OF MERIDIAN. THEY WERE KNOWN AS REBELS.
dparker Posted - 07/17/2017 : 10:49:50
No. We will not be changing our name. That would be near impossible at this point.

Mississippi will be easy enough to find with the way search engines work today. AT this time there are no plans to add any other state. But that could change in the future.

The problem with adding states is not finding the scores and coaches. It is figuring out how the schools fit together over the past 100 years. Schools change names, close, consolidate and those things are very difficult to figure out without some knowledge of all the schools in a state. I am still learning about some of the schools in Alabama after all these years.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
GiglnTiger Posted - 07/17/2017 : 08:46:56
Does this mean AHSFHS will be looking to change its name to follow suit with the new addition. Sounds like a benefical thing to keep branching out to more states.

Randolph County Tigers / R.C.H.S.

2003 Class 2A State Champions, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07